Subject code: MA5821:03
This subject will introduce students to practical applications and concepts involved in advanced statistical modelling. Topics include:
- Linear modelling with multiple predictor variables that maybe continuous or categorical in nature;
- Drawing inferences
- Checking model diagnostics
- Model selection
- Techniques for coping with data that are temporally or spatially correlated.
Software platform: SAS exclusively
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of the basic principles and theories that underpin advanced statistical modelling methods
- Effectively integrate and execute advanced statistical modelling theories and processes in SAS Visual Analytics to solve authentic problems
- Retrieve, analyse, synthesise and evaluate outputs produced using advanced statistical modelling methods in SAS Visual Analytics.
Assessment for this course will occur at various times across the seven-week study period. Tasks may include online quizzes, discussion board activity, portfolio development, case studies, reflection, literature reviews presentations and reports.Feedback will be provided to you throughout the study period as well as a final grade at the conclusion of the study period.
This is one of the interdisciplinary subjects studied in the online Master of Data Science.
Please note, course structure and content are subject to change. For information on all course subjects download the course guide.