Subject code: MA5821:03
This subject will introduce students to practical applications and concepts involved in advanced statistical modelling. Topics include:
- Linear modelling with multiple predictor variables that maybe continuous or categorical in nature;
- Drawing inferences
- Checking model diagnostics
- Model selection
- Techniques for coping with data that are temporally or spatially correlated.
Software platform: SAS exclusively
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of the basic principles and theories that underpin advanced statistical modelling methods
- Effectively integrate and execute advanced statistical modelling theories and processes in RStudio to solve authentic problems
- Retrieve, analyse, synthesise and evaluate outputs produced using advanced statistical modelling methods in RStudio.
Assessment for this course will occur at various times across the seven-week study period. Tasks may include online quizzes, discussion board activity, portfolio development, case studies, reflection, literature reviews presentations and reports.Feedback will be provided to you throughout the study period as well as a final grade at the conclusion of the study period.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your JCU Online student advisor on 1300 535 919 for more information based on your particular circumstances.