Subject code: CP5806:03
A variety of important topics of data and information management are covered in this subject. You will learn concepts and techniques related to a varied spectrum of topics in this area, ranging from database management in terms of principles of data warehousing and distributed database management systems to data security, privacy - including essentials on privacy preserving techniques for data analysis - and ethics.
You will explore the following topics:
- Data sources, data measurement, data storage
- Advanced data querying (basics on data cubes and OLAP)
- Notions of data integrity, sharing, security and ethics
- Privacy in data management and analysis.
Students who successfully complete this subject will be able to:
- Analyze and apply the principles of data warehousing and distributed database management systems
- Construct and apply advanced data querying including data cubes and OLAP
- Critically evaluate the principles data integrity, sharing, security, ethics and privacy in data management and analysis including the implementation of the essentials on privacy preserving techniques for data analysis.
Assessment for this course will occur at various times across the seven-week study period. Tasks may include online quizzes, discussion board activity, portfolio development, case studies, reflection, literature reviews presentations and reports.Feedback will be provided to you throughout the study period as well as a final grade at the conclusion of the study period.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your JCU Online student advisor on 1300 535 919 for more information based on your particular circumstances.