Why a Graduate Certificate of Business Administration Global with JCU?
James Cook University’s (JCU) online Graduate Certificate in Business Administration Global is your first step towards becoming the leader tomorrow’s business will demand.
100% online & part-time
Fast-track your career with flexible study you can balance around your life. Study one subject at a time and complete your degree in as little as eight months part-time.
A pathway for further study
After completing your Graduate Certificate, you can easily continue your studies and gain a graduate diploma or master’s degree.
Entry without a Bachelor degree is available
Leverage your relevant work experience to gain entry into the course without a Bachelor degree.
- Gain a global perspective and harness your understanding of international markets to inform business practice.
- Learn how to analyse and leverage data to make strategic decisions.
- Become an effective leader by enhancing your management capabilities.
- Fast-track your career with 100% online study.
- Be supported by a dedicated Student Success Advisor.
- Begin a pathway to further study.
Be Prepared for Tomorrow’s Business World
We live in a more connected world, where events across the globe have a significant impact on local businesses. This requires leaders who are able to use the latest global business thinking and data strategies to manage uncertainty and leverage new opportunities. James Cook University’s (JCU) online Graduate Certificate in Business Administration Global is your first step towards becoming the leader tomorrow’s business will demand.
To complete the online Graduate Certificate of Business Administration Global, you will study four subjects. These subjects also form part of the MBA Global, should you choose to continue towards a Master's degree.
Each subject runs for seven weeks, in addition to an orientation week, with six enrolment periods per year.
Want more details about these subjects? Find out more from our course guide.
*Duration dependent on individual study path and subject availability. Please speak to an Enrolment Advisor for more information.
Data Analysis and Decision ModellingThis subject provides an integrated knowledge for understanding and managing information resources, building basic business intelligence systems, interpreting business statistics and developing practical decision models. Read more
Marketing Strategy, Analytics and DevelopmentThis subject provides a comprehensive understanding of marketing roles and functions within an organisation and the marketplace. Read more
Management and Leadership SkillsThis subject explores a variety of core concepts and theories from sociology, psychology and organisational science which form the knowledge base for leadership and management skills. Read more
Information Management and Analytics TechnologyThis subject examines the technologies, information and analytics required for the effective management and control of modern firms. Read more
- Entry Requirements
- Recognition of Prior Learning
- Learning Outcomes
- Career Outcomes
To be eligible to enrol in the online Graduate Certificate of Business Administration Global, applicants must have:
- Completion of a Bachelor degree in a cognate discipline and two (2) years’ business experience; or
- Completion of an Honours degree or postgraduate studies in any discipline and two (2) years’ business experience; or
- Four (4) years’ business experience in a managerial role* to the satisfaction of the Course Coordinator; or
- Other qualifications or practical experience recognised by the Dean, College of Business Law and Governance as equivalent to the above.
Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of Band 2 – Schedule II of the JCU Admissions Policy.
* Applicants must have a minimum of four years full-time equivalent professional work experience in a management, leadership or supervisory level in a business environment or be eligible for a member grade status of a relevant professional organisation. Students will have demonstrable effective management experience relating to organisational behaviour, business, strategy, marketing, economics, communication and people management, supported by a detailed CV and proof of work experience (e.g. a letter from an employer detailing the position and job description).
Not sure if you meet these entry criteria? Our Enrolment Advisors can assist you.SPEAK WITH AN ENROLMENT ADVISOR
The duration of your course is dependent on your previous education levels and your work. This could reduce the number of subjects you study to gain your Graduate Certificate. Call our Enrolment team to discuss your options.GET IN TOUCH WITH AN ENROLMENT ADVISOR TO FIND OUT MORE
Our Graduate Certificate of Business Administration Global will improve your skills in the following areas:
- Global Perspective: Gain a deep understanding of the principles driving global markets.
- Data-Informed Strategies: Learn the data analysis skills to identify opportunities in the data and develop new strategies.
- Confident Leadership: Develop the knowledge and skills to lead organisations in an uncertain world.
After completing your Graduate Certificate of Business Administration Global, you will have the expertise and skills to thrive in positions such as:
- Account Executive
- Business Development Manager
- Finance Manager
- General Manager
- Industry Specialist Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Operations Manager
- Product Manager
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
The 2019 Graduate Outcomes Survey conducted by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment found undergraduates employed full-time had a median annual salary of $59,500 in comparison with $112,700 earned by postgraduates in Business and Management.DOWNLOAD COURSE GUIDE
Nested qualifications: Early entry exit options
The Graduate Certificate of Business Administration Global is a ‘nested qualification’ within the Master of Business Administration (MBA) Global. It forms part of the 12-subject MBA Global, along with the Graduate Diploma qualification level.
Upon completion of the Graduate Certificate, you can either exit the course or continue your studies towards the Graduate Diploma of Business Administration Global, or towards the MBA Global.
The role of an Enrolment Advisor is to ensure that you have all the resources and academic support needed to be successful in your studies.
Enrolments Advisors are here to help you with:
- Determining your eligibility for the course.
- Understanding the structure of your course and what you can expect to learn.
- Time management strategies for success.
- How to apply for financial assistance and FEE-HELP.
- Any questions you have about your application.
Contact hours for your Enrolment Advisor
Monday and Tuesday: 8am-6pm (AEST)
Wednesday and Thursday: 8am-7pm (AEST)
Friday: 8am - 5pm (AEST)