- Completion of a Bachelor degree in a cognate discipline and two (2) years’ business experience; or
- Completion of an Honours degree in any discipline and two (2) years’ business experience; or
- Four (4) years’ business experience in a managerial role* to the satisfaction of the Course Coordinator; or
- Other qualifications or practical experience recognised by the Dean, College of Business Law and Governance as equivalent to the above.
Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of Band 2 – Schedule II of the JCU Admissions Policy.
* Applicants must have a minimum of four years full-time equivalent professional work experience in a management, leadership or supervisory level in a business environment or be eligible for a member grade status of a relevant professional organisation. Students will have demonstrable effective management experience relating to organisational behaviour, business, strategy, marketing, economics, communication and people management.
The duration of your course is dependent on your previous education levels and your work. This could reduce the number of subjects you study to gain your Master's degree. Call our Enrolment team to discuss your options.
Over the course of 12 subjects, you’ll gain the skills to make impactful strategic decisions in global business contexts.
You’ll be able to solve complex problems through advanced data analysis. You’ll also develop the knowledge to become a competent leader, who drives sustainable growth and creates positive outcomes for your organisation and the world around you.
Our subjects are designed to improve your knowledge across three key areas:
- Global Perspective & Strategy
- Data Management & Analytics
- Organisational Leadership & Management.
As part of your Graduate Diploma or Master's degree, you can choose to participate in a week-long Integrated Global Capstone Project at JCU’s Singapore campus, Orpheus Island or the Daintree Rainforest near Cairns, Australia.
This final capstone subject will also be available in an online format for those who are unable to travel.
The Master of Business Administration includes what are referred to as ‘nested qualifications’. That is to say that the 12-subject Master's degree is made up of the Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma qualifications.
Should you need to exit the course for some reason, depending on when you do so, you could earn either a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma qualification.
Graduate Certificate of Business Administration (Global)
Graduate Diploma of Business Administration (Global)
Master of Business Administration (Global)
Our courses are delivered 100% online, on any device. Maintain work, family and other commitments without the hassle of a fixed timetable.
We offer six study periods across the calendar year. This means you can enrol in up to six subjects and complete your MBA in less time. This innovative online structure lets you focus on a single subject at a time and complete your Master's degree ahead of most other university programs.
The opportunity to connect with academics and fellow students – regardless of location – means you’ll build a professional network without having to leave your home or office.
At JCU, we’re proud to deliver online courses tailored to the needs of part-time students. Led by a dedicated learning design team, all course materials are developed with the online student in mind.
We strive to create an environment that enables you to succeed. By limiting class sizes to just 25 students, our tutors have enough time to provide you with their full attention and support.
In addition to the academic support provided by your subject coordinator and tutors, you will receive individualised support from a Student Success Advisor. Your Student Success Advisor can assist with non-academic advice, whether that’s finding the right resources or keeping you motivated throughout your course.