Subject code: NS5344:03
In this subject, students will be introduced to the concept of the clinical coaching role and explore strategies used by coaches in healthcare contexts. It is envisaged that undertaking this subject will contribute to the professional development, knowledge base and performance of those involved in clinical coaching roles.
- Describe the philosophy and purpose of the clinical coaching role
- Prepare a coaching portfolio and reflect on professional development in this role
- Examine strategies to facilitate learning in the clinical setting and manage challenging coaching situations
- Discuss assessment, feedback and evaluation in relation to clinical coaching
- Design and implement a tool to evaluate a clinical coaching experience.
Test/Quiz (unweighted mandatory assessment)
Case study analysis 30%
Reflection/reflective task 20%
This subject is part of the Nurse Education major in the online Master of Nursing.
Please note, course structure and content are subject to change. For information on all course subjects download the course guide.