Subject code: NS5332:03
This subject introduces the scope and practice of informatics in healthcare. In the context of the healthcare system from a global perspective, you will explore information and communication technologies, concepts related to eHealth and emerging topics such as clinical intelligence as they inform and support health professional practice.
Upon successful completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- Describe contemporary trends, issues, policies, and practice in health informatics
- Discuss the theoretical perspectives that shape health informatics as a discipline
- Describe socio-technical approaches to analyse complex problems and generate effective and innovative responses in the context of health informatics professional practice
- Develop practical, ethical solutions that seek to balance stakeholder perspectives
- Apply knowledge and skills to demonstrate leadership, expert judgement and self-management in health informatics.
Presentation (oral) 30%
Problem task 30%
This subject forms part of the Advanced Practice, Leadership and Management and Nurse Education majors in the online Master of Nursing.
Please note, course structure and content are subject to change. For information on all course subjects download the course guide.