Subject code: NS5330:03
This subject explores professional communication strategies across a variety of mediums that healthcare professionals will use in their workplace. It will also explore digital communication and digital literacy, along with development of persuasive argument.
You will explore the following topics:
- Communication in healthcare (interprofessional and within the organisation)
- Communication tools
- Barriers to organisation communication
- Digital literacy and communication
- Persuasive communication strategies
- Culture, diversity and communication.
Upon successful completion of this subject, you will be able to:
- Apply advanced communication strategies for potentially challenging conversations and relationships relevant to the healthcare professional
- Appraise and interpret communication theories
- Demonstrate a wide use of digital platforms useful as part of the suite of communication methods available for communication
- Incorporate principles of persuasive communication in the healthcare workplace
- Reflect upon and articulate strategies for enhanced communication in a culturally diverse healthcare workplace.
Discussion task (due week 1): 0%
Reflection task (due week 3): 40%
Case study (due week 5): 30%
Narrated powerpoint (due week 6): 30%
This subject forms part of the Advanced Practice, Leadership and Management, and Nursing Education majors in the online Master of Nursing.
Please note, course structure and content are subject to change. For information on all course subjects download the course guide.