Principles of Education for the Health Professional
Subject code: NS5342:03
Understanding the theories and models that underpin teaching and learning are of great importance for an educator. This subject introduces the most prominent theories in adult learning, and explores the ways in which they apply to a healthcare context. The student will explore their own philosophy of teaching and learning, and apply education theory to the practice of teaching. The subject culminates with the development of a teaching plan that will enable the student to apply theory to their own practice.
- Apply theories of education and adult learning to the health context
- Plan teaching for adult learning in a clinical context
- Develop a lesson plan for adult education
- Apply principles of evaluation as part of a quality improvement cycle
- Reflect on and describe a personal teaching philosophy.
Test/Quiz (unweighted mandatory assessment)
Presentation (oral) 40%
Lesson plan 50%
Reflection/reflective task 10%
This subject is part of the Nurse Education major in the online Master of Nursing.
Please note, course structure and content are subject to change. For information on all course subjects download the course guide.