Subject code: NS5343:03
This subject will focus on the application of key theories and specific strategies related to teaching for health professionals in the clinical setting. Topics include the components of the clinical learning cycle, how learning is facilitated through experiential learning in clinical settings and how reflective practice can be incorporated into clinical learning.
- Critically analyse the role of clinical teaching in healthcare
- Critique and evaluate teaching strategies and approaches suitable for the clinical environment
- Apply principles of adult teaching and learning in the context of the clinical workplace
- Demonstrate the processes involved in planning, development, implementing and evaluating a clinical teaching session in a clinical setting
- Develop strategies to overcome common problems when delivering clinical teaching.
“Just in time” teaching plan (time constraint online activity) 20%
This subject is part of the Nurse Education major in the online Master of Nursing.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your JCU Online student advisor on 1300 535 919 for more information based on your particular circumstances.