Subject code: NS5341:03
This subject provides the student with tools and skills needed to assume effective business and financial management functions. Health care is a business, and health managers must be able to manage their units in a fiscally appropriate way. This subject will explore topics such as building, understanding and monitoring budgets; accounting tools; capital investment management; and reporting.
- Demonstrate knowledge of finance and business in healthcare
- Apply key accounting principles, terms and language within the healthcare context
- Examine the relationship between financial and clinical performance in healthcare
- Discuss the responsibilities and challenges associated with business management in healthcare
- Analyse and interpret financial information and statements to formulate conclusions and solutions related to financial performance, position, and risk in the healthcare sector.
Test/Quiz (unweighted mandatory assessment)
Presentation (oral) 50%
Problem task 30%
Online Participation (discussion boards) 20%
This subject is part of the Leadership and Management major in the online Master of Nursing.
Please note, course structure and content are subject to change. For information on all course subjects download the course guide.