Subject code: NS5341:03
This subject provides the student with tools and skills needed to assume effective business and financial management functions. Health care is a business, and health managers must be able to manage their units in a fiscally appropriate way. This subject will explore topics such as building, understanding and monitoring budgets; accounting tools; capital investment management; and reporting.
- Identify challenges for financial managers in a healthcare context
- Apply the principles of financial information and control to healthcare administration
- Recognise and interpret the types of budgets used in healthcare settings
- Identify and apply key accounting principles, terms and language
- Interpret the information contained in basic financial statements to formulate conclusions about financial performance, financial position, liquidity, and risk of firms in the healthcare sector.
Discussion posts 20%
Business plan 50%
This subject is part of the Leadership and Management major in the online Master of Nursing.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your JCU Online student advisor on 1300 535 919 for more information based on your particular circumstances.