Gain exposure to general concepts and tools to manage a broad range of business projects. While every project has its unique features, in many ways projects across organisations are quite similar. It is these commonalities that permit us to explore project management more broadly. This subject will build basic qualitative and quantitative skills that you can apply throughout your career. Examine a range of contexts – e.g., outsourcing, product development, geographic expansion, construction, merger integration – to help you prepare to effectively take part in and lead projects.
Upon completing this subject, you will be able to:
- Utilise theoretical concepts/constructs to develop a project plan
- Evaluate concepts, theories and standards for project management
- Critically analyse and evaluate systems/practices
- Reflect on and assess your capabilities and performance, and make use of one's experience and feedback as appropriate
- Exercise independent ethical judgment and initiative in practice and research
Assessment for this course will occur at various times across the seven-week study period. Tasks may include online quizzes, discussion board activity, portfolio development, case studies, reflection, literature reviews presentations and reports. Feedback will be provided to you throughout the study period as well as a final grade at the conclusion of the study period.
Please note, unit structure and content are subject to change. Contact your JCU Online student advisor on 1300 535 919 for more information based on your particular circumstances.