Why an MBA Global with JCU?
The increasing complexity of today’s global economy presents opportunities for business leaders who know what to look for. At James Cook University (JCU) our 100% online MBA Global gives you the edge over your competition.
100% online & part-time
Fast-track your career with flexible study you can balance around your life. Study one subject at a time and complete your degree in only 2 years part-time.
3 qualifications in 1
Build towards your masters degree and gain a Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma of Business Administration along the way.
Entry without a Bachelor degree is available
Leverage your relevant work experience to gain entry into the course without a Bachelor degree.
- Learn to drive strategy with a global perspective.
- Be able to make more effective, data-driven decisions.
- Gain stronger business leadership skills.
- Graduate with proof of capability.
- Fast-track your career with 100% online study.
- Be supported by a dedicated Student Success Advisor.
MBA Global Overview
Enjoy a global, capstone experience
You have the opportunity to finish off your Master’s degree with the Integrated Global Capstone Project. In this project, you will explore the interdependence between business and global issues by developing a research proposal for business leaders. You will identify initiatives to align business strategies with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals. Observe business leaders from a variety of industries and organisations and interact with your peers - fellow future business leaders - to develop initiatives and solutions to these real world problems. Completion of the Capstone Project will also provide you with a valuable resource for your portfolio.
What you will study
Over the course of 12 subjects, you’ll gain the skills to make impactful, strategic decisions based on a more holistic view of global trends and data-informed insights.
Our subjects are designed to improve your knowledge across three key areas:
- Global Perspective & Strategies
- Data-driven Decision Making
- Organisational Leadership & Management
Want more details about these subjects? Find out more from our course guide.
Multinational Corporations and International MarketsThis subject provides the skills required to work in multinational corporations in mature and emerging markets. Read more
Marketing Strategy, Analytics and DevelopmentThis subject provides a comprehensive understanding of marketing roles and functions within an organisation and the marketplace. Read more
Corporate StrategyThis subject provides the fundamentals of corporate-level strategy. Read more
Corporate FinanceThis subject introduces basic concepts of finance, and establishes a ‘finance mindset’ with value creation as a central concept for financial planning and decision-making. Read more
Data Analysis and Decision ModellingThis subject provides an integrated knowledge for understanding and managing information resources, building basic business intelligence systems, interpreting business statistics and developing practical decision models. Read more
Information Management and Analytics TechnologyThis subject examines the technologies, information and analytics required for the effective management and control of modern firms. Read more
Data Information: Management, Security, Privacy and EthicsThis subject introduces concepts and techniques related to a variety of topics in this area, ranging from database management to data security, privacy and ethics. Read more
Management and Leadership SkillsThis subject explores a variety of core concepts and theories from sociology, psychology and organisational science which form the knowledge base for leadership and management skills. Read more
Venture Capital and EntrepreneurshipThis subject explores the diversity of capital forms and seed funding available to entrepreneurs. Read more
Business Innovation and Technology ManagementThis subject provides a strategic perspective of technology and innovation management and its impact on the competitive positioning of organisations. Read more
Business ConsultingThis subject provides immediately applicable tools for addressing any consulting situation. Read more
Integrated Global Capstone ProjectThis subject requires students to develop a project proposal that encompasses a sustainable future across people, planet and profit. Read more
Our MBA Global will give you the skills and knowledge you need to thrive in a complex business landscape.
- Entry Requirements
- Recognition of Prior Learning
- Learning Outcomes
- Career Outcomes
To be eligible to enrol in the online Master of Business Administration Global, applicants must have:
- Completion of a Bachelor degree in a cognate discipline and two (2) years’ business experience; or
- Completion of an Honours or postgraduate degree in any discipline and two (2) years’ business experience; or
- Four (4) years’ business experience in a managerial role* to the satisfaction of the Course Coordinator; or
- Other qualifications or practical experience recognised by the Dean, College of Business Law and Governance as equivalent to the above.
Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of Band 2 – Schedule II of the JCU Admissions Policy.
* Applicants must have a minimum of four years full-time equivalent professional work experience in a management, leadership or supervisory level in a business environment or be eligible for a member grade status of a relevant professional organisation. Students will have demonstrable effective management experience relating to organisational behaviour, business, strategy, marketing, economics, communication and people management, supported by a detailed CV and proof of work experience (e.g. a letter from an employer detailing the position and job description).
Not sure if you meet these entry criteria? Our Enrolment Advisors can assist you.SPEAK WITH AN ENROLMENT ADVISOR
The duration of your Online MBA is dependent on your previous education levels and your work. This could reduce the number of subjects you study to gain your Master's degree. Call our Enrolment team to discuss your options.GET IN TOUCH WITH AN ENROLMENT ADVISOR TO FIND OUT MORE
Our MBA Global will improve your skills in the following areas:
- Global Perspective: Our 100% online MBA Global gives you a deep understanding of the principles driving global markets
- Data-Informed Strategies: This online MBA gives you the data analysis skills to identify opportunities in the data and develop new strategies
- Confident Leadership: Guidance from industry-experienced academics will help you develop the knowledge and skills to lead organisations in an uncertain world
- Provable Capabilities: JCU’s MBA online includes a unique, real-time case study and the opportunity to build a portfolio of business knowledge and competencies while you study
After completing your MBA Global, you will have the expertise and skills to thrive in positions such as:
- Account Executive
- Business Development Manager
- Finance Manager
- General Manager
- Industry Specialist Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Operations Manager
- Product Manager
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
The 2019 Graduate Outcomes Survey conducted by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment found undergraduates employed full-time had a median annual salary of $59,500 in comparison with $112,700 earned by postgraduates in Business and Management.DOWNLOAD COURSE GUIDE
Nested qualifications: Early entry exit options
You can also build towards your master’s degree through flexible entry and exit points and ‘qualify as you go’ through our nested qualifications. As you study your MBA Global, you will gain your Graduate Certificate and Graduate Diploma of Business Administration Global. If you need to finish your study early, you may still qualify for a Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma. Get in touch with an Enrolment Advisor to find out more.