Why a Graduate Diploma of Business Administration Global with JCU?
James Cook University’s (JCU) online Graduate Diploma of Business Administration Global is designed for aspiring leaders who want to thrive in a contemporary business environment and immediately apply their knowledge to drive growth and obtain an advantage.
100% online & part-time
Fast-track your career with flexible study you can balance around your life. Study one subject at a time and complete your degree in as little as 16 months part-time.
A pathway for further study
After completing your Graduate Certificate, you can easily continue your studies and gain a graduate diploma or master’s degree.
Entry without a Bachelor degree is available
Leverage your relevant work experience to gain entry into the course without a Bachelor degree.
- Gain a global perspective and harness your understanding of international markets to inform business practice.
- Learn how to analyse and leverage data to make strategic decisions.
- Become an effective leader by enhancing your management capabilities.
- Fast-track your career with 100% online study.
- Be supported by a dedicated Student Success Advisor.
- Begin a pathway to further study.
Succeed in a global business environment
Technology is providing greater connection to global thinking and revolutionising the way business is conducted around the world.
With JCU’s online Graduate Diploma of Business Administration Global, you will gain the decision-making skills required to act quickly and adapt within a dynamic and globalised world. You will learn how to tackle complex business problems by analysing data. This course will also teach you to employ strategic management skills so you can lead teams and create business sustainability.
To complete the online Graduate Diploma of Business Administration Global, you will study eight subjects. Each subject runs for seven weeks, in addition to an orientation week, with six enrolment periods per year.
You’ll gain the skills to make impactful strategic decisions in global business contexts, solve complex problems through data and develop the knowledge to become a competent leader, who drives sustainable growth and creates positive outcomes.
Want more details about these subjects? Find out more from our course guide.
*Duration dependent on individual study path and subject availability. Please speak to an Enrolment Advisor for more information.
Data Analysis and Decision ModellingThis subject provides an integrated knowledge for understanding and managing information resources, building basic business intelligence systems, interpreting business statistics and developing practical decision models. Read more
Marketing Strategy, Analytics and DevelopmentThis subject provides a comprehensive understanding of marketing roles and functions within an organisation and the marketplace. Read more
Management and Leadership SkillsThis subject explores a variety of core concepts and theories from sociology, psychology and organisational science which form the knowledge base for leadership and management skills. Read more
Information Management and Analytics TechnologyThis subject examines the technologies, information and analytics required for the effective management and control of modern firms. Read more
Business Innovation and Technology ManagementThis subject provides a strategic perspective of technology and innovation management and its impact on the competitive positioning of organisations. Read more
Corporate StrategyThis subject provides the fundamentals of corporate-level strategy. Read more
Data Information: Management, Security, Privacy and EthicsThis subject introduces concepts and techniques related to a variety of topics in this area, ranging from database management to data security, privacy and ethics. Read more
Corporate FinanceThis subject introduces basic concepts of finance, and establishes a ‘finance mindset’ with value creation as a central concept for financial planning and decision-making. Read more
- Entry Requirements
- Recognition of Prior Learning
- Learning Outcomes
- Career Outcomes
- Inherent Requirements
To be eligible to enrol in the online Graduate Diploma of Business Administration Global, applicants must have:
- Completion of a Bachelor degree in a cognate discipline and two (2) years’ business experience; or
- Completion of an Honours degree or postgraduate studies in any discipline and two (2) years’ business experience; or
- Four (4) years’ business experience in a managerial role* to the satisfaction of the Course Coordinator; or
- Other qualifications or practical experience recognised by the Dean, College of Business Law and Governance as equivalent to the above.
Applicants of non-English speaking backgrounds must meet the English language proficiency requirements of Band 2 – Schedule II of the JCU Admissions Policy.
* Applicants must have a minimum of four years full-time equivalent professional work experience in a management, leadership or supervisory level in a business environment or be eligible for a member grade status of a relevant professional organisation. Students will have demonstrable effective management experience relating to organisational behaviour, business, strategy, marketing, economics, communication and people management, supported by a detailed CV and proof of work experience (e.g. a letter from an employer detailing the position and job description).
Not sure if you meet these entry criteria? Our Enrolment Advisors can assist you.SPEAK WITH AN ENROLMENT ADVISOR
The duration of your course is dependent on your previous education levels and your work. This could reduce the number of subjects you study to gain your postgraduate qualification. Call our Enrolment team to discuss your options.GET IN TOUCH WITH AN ENROLMENT ADVISOR TO FIND OUT MORE
On successful completion of the Graduate Diploma of Business Administration Global, graduates will be able to:
- Integrate and apply an advanced body of knowledge, including an understanding and awareness of recent developments in one or more business disciplines.
- Retrieve, analyse and evaluate information, concepts and theories from a range of sources.
- Apply a range of methods, techniques and tools to plan and conduct business.
- Organise, analyse and interpret business data using analytical, statistical and digital skills to make informed decisions.
- Model and present advanced communication skills to diverse audiences using written and oral English language skills and digital tools.
- Identify, analyse and generate solutions to problems in global and tropical contexts
- Plan and support effective, resilient and inclusive businesses and communities through innovative and sustainable business practices.
- Exercise independent ethical judgement and governance in a variety of business contexts
- Reflect on current skills, knowledge and attitudes to identify and manage professional learning needs and performance, autonomously and in collaboration with others
After completing your Graduate Diploma of Business Administration Global, you will have the expertise and skills to thrive in positions such as:
- Account Executive
- Business Development Manager
- Finance Manager
- General Manager
- Industry Specialist Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Operations Manager
- Product Manager
- Program Manager
- Sales Manager
The 2019 Graduate Outcomes Survey conducted by the Department of Education, Skills and Employment found undergraduates employed full-time had a median annual salary of $59,500 in comparison with $112,700 earned by postgraduates in Business and Management.DOWNLOAD COURSE GUIDE
Inherent requirements are the identified abilities, attributes, skills, and behaviours that must be demonstrated, during the learning experience, to successfully complete a course. These abilities, attributes, skills, and behaviours preserve the academic integrity of the University’s learning, assessment, and accreditation processes, and where applicable, meet the standards of a profession.
All JCU students have the opportunity to demonstrate, with reasonable adjustments where applicable, the inherent requirements for their course.
Nested qualifications: Early entry exit options
The Graduate Diploma of Business Administration Global is a ‘nested qualification’ within the 12-subject Master of Business Administration (MBA) Global. While you complete your diploma, you will also gain your Graduate Certificate of Business Administration Global.
Upon completion of the Graduate Diploma, you can either exit the course or continue your studies towards the MBA Global.
The role of an Enrolment Advisor is to ensure that you have all the resources and academic support needed to be successful in your studies.
Enrolments Advisors are here to help you with:
- Determining your eligibility for the course.
- Understanding the structure of your course and what you can expect to learn.
- Time management strategies for success.
- How to apply for financial assistance and FEE-HELP.
- Any questions you have about your application.
Contact hours for your Enrolment Advisor
Monday and Tuesday: 8am-6pm (AEST)
Wednesday and Thursday: 8am-7pm (AEST)
Friday: 8am - 5pm (AEST)