Subject code: CC5904
This subject considers the security of Internet of Things (IoT) systems as well as the implementation of cloud-based data storage and analytics. Students will learn how to integrate an IoT system into a cloud computing framework for analysis and operational decision making. Students will critically analyse the security issues in distributed IoT systems and identify strategies to reduce security risks. Other considerations include privacy, legal obligations, and ethical issues related to the increasing prevalence of data in society.
- Explain how cloud computing works – its benefits, limitations, relevance and uses for IoT systems
- Integrate an IoT system into a cloud computing framework
- Develop, implement, and evaluate a cloud-based backend for data storage, visualisation and analysis to support business and operational decision-making
- Critically analyse IoT system security and ensure that all parts of an IoT system have been designed with security, privacy and ethical principles in mind
- Recognise and respond appropriately to the social, legal and ethical implications of IoT and cloud computing technologies, applying a high level of judgement while being able to justify those decisions.
This is one of the interdisciplinary subjects studied in the online Graduate Diploma of Data Science (Internet of Things).
Please note, course structure and content are subject to change. For information on all course subjects download the course guide.